Job ID: 231273230
3 - 5 years
Job Title: Pre-K Co-Lead Teacher
Our School: A new Miami Beach independent school seeks a passionate, innovative, and creative educator to partner in creating its Pre-K program and serving as a co-lead teacher in its inaugural Pre-K classroom. The School’s primary values are focused on critical thinking, problem solving, innovation, exploration, creativity, communication, and ethics, and it seeks to challenge norms in order to create the best possible learning environment for its students. We welcome applications from individuals who share our excitement for creating a new and vibrant school with appreciation for technology and hands-on learning, and for challenging the boundaries of what preschool education can be in South Florida.
Position Summary: From the date of hire until the beginning of the academic year, the Pre-K Lead Teacher will partner with School leadership to develop an innovative curriculum designed to provide the optimal learning environment for a diverse group of 4- and 5-year-old learners. The classroom teaching assignment will begin in September 2019.
The person hired for this position will be expected to:
- Support the mission of the School.
- In collaboration with School leadership and a Co-Lead Teacher, plan and implement an innovative academic program.
- Continue to reevaluate teaching methods to promote student success, personal professional growth, and the overall success of the School.
- Tailor teaching methods to meet the needs of individual students.
- Communicate regularly with families and School leadership regarding classroom activities and student progress.
- Maintain a classroom environment that supports the physical, emotional, and academic well-being of all students.
- Meaningfully integrate technology and project-based learning into the classroom.
- Support and collaborate with the Co-Lead Teacher.
- Participate fully in the life of the School.
- Engage in meaningful professional development.
- Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned by School leadership.
- Commitment to the School’s values of creativity, innovation, and challenging educational norms to create the best possible learning environment.
- Master’s degree in early childhood education preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Pre-K teacher preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with fellow teachers, School leadership, and parents.
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Resourcefulness, adaptability, and eagerness to embrace growth and learning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience participating and contributing to a fast-paced, rapidly evolving educational environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, as well as effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently.
- Personal interest in learning and leveraging new hardware, software, and other technology in the classroom.