U Prep teachers are responsible for implementing curriculum, maintaining a positive classroom culture, using assessments to drive instructional practice, using district resources in an efficient and responsible manner, contributing to the educational and social development of all students, and participating in the professional development of the learning community.
U Prep Perks:
About U Prep Schools:
If you are dedicated to a pursuit of excellence both in yourself and our students; if you are self-motivated; if you are an innovator and if you want to play a key role in changing young lives --we are looking for U. Our mission: to give students the courage to pursue a future full of possibilities. Our students come to our network of schools looking for a rewarding and fulfilling education. Comprised of three public charter school districts; University Preparatory Academy, University Prep Science and Math and University Prep Art & Design; we educate over 4,500 students in the burgeoning city of Detroit. Help us to prepare our students for success in life and be a part of U.
• Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
• Mission-driven, connecting the overall teaching strategy to the goals of U Prep Schools
• Ability to nurture and sustain high-quality teaching
• Experience in building positive relationships with colleagues, students, and parents
• Ability to make decisions in a strategic way balancing building strong relationships and maintaining high academic rigor
• Courage to make decisions in support of academic and cultural goals while maintaining a steady pulse of team and school goals
• Meticulous organization and use of time
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Bachelors’ degree or higher
• Must have and maintain valid Michigan teaching certificate or a bachelors degree in the content area
• Must meet highly qualified criteria in content area taught, which includes certificate endorsement in the appropriate area(s)
Job ID: 239744870