Must be a Georgia Resident
Summary: Teacher is a highly qualified, Georgia state certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Role provides a learning environment where students are empowered to successfully reach their full potential and emerge career or college ready.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Student Management Roles:
Maintain a homeroom caseload based on board policy
Complete Child Find Query
Complete Individualized Learning Plan
Complete Department of Education Attendance Task during FTE Count (Oct & March)
Identify student instructional levels based on data
Refer students in a timely matter to all support systems as needed
Maintain contact with Family Support Liaison for student referrals
Take attendance for each class session
Progress monitor Response to Intervention Goals weekly or bi-weekly depending on tier
Document contacts attempted after progress monitoring is missed
Provide students with synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities
Create and implement individualized lesson plans based on class instructional needs
Upload resources to content team folders
Administer student assessments with fidelity and according to procedures
Review in class student assignments and give timely feedback within the session
Manage documentation on instruction provided outside of classes
Instructional research and planning
Create classroom assessments/assignments
Schedule all upcoming sessions on Friday by 5pm
Review feedback from observations and implement suggestions for improvement
Ensure all assessments are complete for assigned students per grade level guidelines
Record weekly assignment grades in Infinite Campus
Update grades in Infinite Campus when content student is being withdrawn by the end of the day
Provide timely feedback to students on all assignments
Provide LC/Parent with professional and timely communication
Read and respond to all emails within 24 hours (1 business day)
Update the Infinite Campus contact log the same day a communication contact is made with a family
Update Teacher Checklist as tasks are completed
Schedule conferences with families per the school conference calendar
Meeting/Outing Roles:Attend and/or provide documentation for all student specific meetings (IE: IEP/SST/RTI/504/EL)
Attend and actively participate in all required professional meetings (DDI, Staff, Department, PLC, Content Planning, Professional Development F2F and Virtual)
Prepare Data Driven Instruction document for 1:1 with lead
Attend BOY & EOY student outings (district-wide)
Attend a minimum of 3 Parent University Sessions
Actively support the collaboration of colleagues in teaching partnership, team, content area, grade level, school band, and district
Complete all required trainings
Participate in EOG/EOC State Testing Assignment
Comply with all written policies and procedures in teacher, district, and GCA handbooks
Stay logged on to Zoom during working hours
Complete all TKES platform tasks and responsibilities during assigned timeframe
· Travels to testing site as assigned throughout the state to perform required duties which may include site coordinator or examiner.
· Builds community within the classroom and among stakeholders.
· Participates in committees as required.
· Serves as general education representative and notetaker in Individualized Education Plan meetings.
· Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data and parent and student satisfaction within the academic community.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree AND a valid Georgia Teacher Certificate.
· Must pass a comprehensive background check.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking.
· Knowledge of Georgia Standards of Excellence in social studies.
· Embrace and implement changes to ensure excellent student outcomes.
· Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization.
· Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people's deadlines.
· Ability to work independently typically 40+ hours per week.
· Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 8-5 or as defined by the school.
· Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint; web proficiency.
· Computer literacy and the ability to easily toggle between programs.
· Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms.
· Ability to travel 5% of the time for required school events, testing, and professional development.
· Experience working in a virtual environment with online platforms.
· Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This is a home-based position.
Above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job ID: 304328080