Seeking a Preschool teacher who will be responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teacher must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe, stimulating classroom environment where they are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. Teacher must have strong communication skills in order to meet the needs of the children, adults and resolve parental concerns. Teacher must also effectively provide direction to the teacher assistant.
This position reports to the Director.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in ECE, Elementary Education or related; or current active enrollment in an accredited Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program.
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Ability to pass background and fingerprinting checks
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
$28,000 - $32,000
Job ID: 242084341