Job Description - Mathematics Teacher
Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of math skills, help students to develop positive self-concepts. encourages student independence, effectively assesses student needs and plans instruction accordingly. Effective classroom management, communication and use of technology in the classroom, professional responsibility for continuing growth and cooperative involvement with parents and the community is required.
- Demonstrates facility in the skills of reading, writing and mathematics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all levels of Algebra, Algebra II and Geometry.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development as it relates to the teaching-learning process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Catholic school system.
- Plans instruction to achieve selected objectives.
- Effectively implements instructional plans and uses appropriate instructional techniques.
- Helps students develop positive self-concepts.
- Facilitates the independence of the student as learner.
- Effectively organizes time, space, materials and equipment for instruction.
- Meets professional responsibilities and communicates effectively.
- Encourages and maintains the cooperative involvement and support of parents and the community.
- A valid Connecticut or NY teacher certificate in secondary mathematics.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching the subject area(s) and/or instructional levels targeted.
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with administrators and teachers.
- Evidence of organizational ability and willingness to pursue tasks to successful completion.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).