1 - 3 years
2ENRICH YOUR TEACHING CAREER AND DISCOVER CHINA
Please note: to be eligible for the visa applicants MUST have 2 years of full-time elementary school classroom teaching experience. There can be no exceptions.
Teaching in China with Dipont Education provides an opportunity to work with highly-motivated students in one of our newly-built international schools while experiencing all the adventures that China has to offer. Opportunities exist for elementary school teachers including elementary art, music, and physical education. International teachers work in partnership with a Chinese teacher to deviver our bilingual curriculum, so no Chinese language ability is required. Join hundreds of other English-speaking teachers on an incredible teaching adventure in China with Dipont.
We are currently filling openings for all grades starting in August of 2020..
Why work in China with Dipont?
- The students in our centers are some of most focused, driven, and disciplined students you will ever encounter. Our students are preparing to attend university outside of China, predominantly in the United Kingdom and the United States. Every year we have students accepted to schools such as Cambridge, Oxford, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Cornell, and many other top universities.
- Capable, enthusiastic teachers receive a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation in China.
- The competitive salary along with the housing allowance and low cost of living provide the opportunity to save a sizable percentage of your salary while fully enjoying life in China
- China’s long and rich history, its energetic and engaging people, and the intriguing cultural differences make it a rewarding experience. Ease of transportation and ample vacation time make all of China, actually all of Asia, easily accessible to you.
- From the moment you sign your contract, local Dipont staff will help you with navigating the immigration process, finding a place to live, setting up utilities and many other life needs. Transitioning to China will prove remarkably easy.
Who We Are:
- Dipont is the leading provider of international curricula in China. We offer Advanced Placement (AP), A-level (British curriculum) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- We directly manage international programs in 25 of the best high schools in China, and as of September 2018 we operate two of our own K-12 schools with 2 more set to open by 2020 (with more to follow).
- The 400+ members of our education staff come from all over the world and share a passion for education and experiencing other cultures
- Virtually all of our students will go to university abroad; most of them in Top 100 schools.
Salary, Benefits and Contract:
- The first contract is a two or three-year contract. Renewals are for one year at a time.
- Salaries are competitive based on qualifications and experience and provide a high standard of living in China.
- International-quality health insurance is provided.
- The initial flight to China will be reimbursed.
- Teachers receive one round-trip flight per academic year during the first two-year contract. In the third and subsequent years, you will receive two round trip flights in most centers.
- A housing allowance is provided, which will cover a comfortable two or three bedroom apartment close to your school.
- A bonus upon completion of the first two-year contract and annually thereafter.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or above, candidates with appropriate teaching qualifications are preferred;
- Relevant teaching experience, with over 2 years’ related full-time teaching experience
- Patient, reliable, flexible, responsible, detailed-oriented;
- Good team player with excellent communication skills.
Opportunities for Professional Development and Advancement:
- We start each academic year with the Annual Conference, which is a two-day in-service training event.
- Dipont has a team of Academic Quality Managers (AQMs) who are curriculum specialists in the areas of math, science, humanities, and English. This team provides professional development training throughout the year. The AQM team also organizes subject panels (teams of interested and high-performing teachers) that meet throughout the year and work on curriculum development.
- Teachers are regularly sent to curriculum training in their respective curriculum (AP, A-level, and IB) to keep up to date in the latest developments in their curricular area.
- Mid and upper management level positions are available to Dipont staff. We look to hire from within first. Positions include heads of department, IB coordinators, Center Principals, Academic Quality Managers, and senior staff.
Job ID: 256254185