Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Develops and implements the weekly lessons plans utilizing the Creative Curriculum that meet agency, DCFS licensing, accrediting and funding body standards.
2. Interacts with the children to assess their strengths and needs to ensure curriculum development and individualized teaching.
3. Maintains open communication with parents/caregivers through maintaining bulletin board, weekly newsletters, planned activities, direct contact involving parents and other outreach and communicates with the parents on an ongoing basis regarding their child's progress and participation in the class, including but not limited to parent/teacher conferences and home visits at regular intervals as applicable to program funding regulations.
4. Meets the needs of the individual students, ages two to three years, as well as promotes progress in all areas of development.
5. Provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment for the children and ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed.
6. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, DCFS licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
7. Participates in the NAEYC accreditation process and complies with the requirements of DCFS as a licensed child care facility.
8. Provides leadership to the teacher assistant with the daily activities of the classroom.
9. Participates in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
10.Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 35 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 5 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 35 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Must be able to rearrange classroom equipment and supplies.
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
X Physical examination
X TB Testing
Driver's License and reliable transportation
Agency-specified automobile insurance
Immediate Supervisor: Head Start Assistant Site Director or Child Care Site Director
Indirectly Supervises: Teacher Assistant, Volunteers
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Bachlelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
Minimum: Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education
Preferred: 2 Years direct service as a Teacher Assistant in an Early Childhood classroom.
Minimum: 1 Year direct service as a Teacher Assistant in an Early Childhood classroom or a new graduate with student learning experience.
Preferred: Certification in Food Safety and Sanitation, CPR and First Aide.
Minimum: CPR and First Aide certification with in the first 12 months of employment. Must obtain food handler certification within 6 months of hire.
Job ID: 309484671