Overview: Performs professional instruction to students in kindergarten through grade eight that results in Christian integrity and knowledge and skills needed to be a productive citizen with a Christian worldview.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Prepares a positive and effective class environment that supports learning.
- Plans and executes appropriate lessons. (Curriculum Planning)
- Uses effective instructional strategies.
- Maintains proper student behavior.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Utilizes technology for distance learning.
- Supervises students both in and out of class and at student activities.
- Models good Christian behavior.
- Have received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Be a member in good standing of an evangelical church.
- Agrees with our Tenets of Faith.
- Age 21 or older.
- Bachelor's degree or greater from an accredited college or university.
- Desirable: state teaching credential and/or ACSI credential.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bases all teaching, activities, and programs upon the principles taught through the inspired word of God as contained in the Bible. Connects Biblical principles to subject-matter concepts.
- Translates N.C.C.S. student outcomes into specific objectives for lessons suitable to the age level and developmental needs of the students.
- Effectively plans learning experiences that help each student achieve curriculum objectives:
- Uses grade-level standards and/or school course descriptions in setting long-range objectives and writing lesson plans.
- Adjusts lesson plans to students' needs.
- Corrects and returns assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintains ongoing records of student progress which are used in instructional planning.
- Uses testing and program evaluation data from the previous year to improve the instructional program.
- Organizes content into a sequential development of skills.
- Uses effective teaching methods and techniques:
- Uses class time well with activities that engage student learning and have a clear purpose.
- Teaches to specific objectives and makes learning objectives clear to students.
- Uses the effective lesson model including appropriate introduction, direct instruction, guided practice, independent practice.
- Monitors student understanding and adjusts instruction appropriately.
- Encourages active student participation in each lesson.
- Provides students with appropriate feedback.
- Assigns appropriate practice activities and homework assignments related to the stated objective.
- Makes effective use of classroom time:
- Arrives at least a half-hour before class to set up and makes arrangements in advance for materials and equipment.
- Starts promptly.
- Organizes routines to maximize instructional time.
- Maximizes time students spend actively engaged in academic tasks of appropriate difficulty.
- Implements an appropriate balance of time devoted to direct instruction versus assigned activities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records.
- Selects the means of assessment to measure students’ learning.
- Administers group-standardized tests to students in accordance with the school's testing program.
- Motivates students and establishes a climate of love and care that defines responsible Christian behavior for students following the school's guidelines, standards, and policies.
- Keeps current in methods of teaching and the subject area of assignments.
- Works constructively with colleagues and administration.
- Performs student supervision before, during, or after school duty as assigned by the administration.
- Communicates regularly with the parents about their child’s progress and needs (Parent Communication)
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This job description in no manner states or implies that all of the duties and responsibilities that are to be performed are listed. This position will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties that are required by the administrator, supervisor, the personnel handbook, and School Board policies.
This job description is representative of the type of duties of the job and is, therefore, not a comprehensive list of all duties. In addition, the employee will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties that are required by the administrator, supervisor, and personnel handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year