Preschool Lead Teacher needed for a full full-day development center
Looking for a professional, caring, energetic team player who is motivated & works well with others to join our School Family. This individual must be sensitive, mature and someone who is able to relate well to both children and adults. We require all staff with direct contact with children to be vaccinated.
Our classroom staff are part of a 3-person teaching team. The Lead Teacher must be qualified to teach and willing to supervise other members of the teaching team. The Lead Teacher will be responsible for providing a nurturing, developmentally appropriate learning environment for the children in the class. The Lead Teacher will provide a positive workplace environment for other members of the classroom teaching team, giving support and guidance as needed, setting the highest possible professional standards as a model for all staff. The Lead Teacher will support the cooperative relationship among families, staff, and administration.
Responsibilities & Duties (include but are not limited to):
Engages in Positive Teacher/Child Interactions
· Provides a warm, nurturing safe and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence is encouraged and individuality, culture, and family values are respected.
· Use positive guidance techniques to help children interact in a group and to develop self-discipline.
· Interact frequently with children, encouraging them to share experiences, ideas and feelings, and involve them in both individual and group activities.
· Work with children one-on-one, small and large groups, supervising activities, keeping children on task.
· Creating schedules and routines, ensuring children have a proper balance of rest and physical activities
Supervision of Staff
· Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each team member and manage team responsibilities to take advantage of individual strengths.
· Determine the learning and communication preferences of team members and plan training and communication accordingly.
· Maintain a positive approach to problem-solving.
· Accept responsibility for team functioning so that change is possible. Look to yourself for changes you can make before expecting others to be willing to change.
Following the Center’s Curriculums which include: Conscious Discipline, Creative Curriculum, Teaching Strategies GOLD, Learning Without Tears
· Plans daily activities that are based on the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, culture, special needs, special talents, individual learning style, and preferred pace of activity.
· Involve the children in planning activities.
· Work with your team to provide a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials that encourage the social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development of both the individual and the group in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Center.
· Sit with the children during activities, free play, and meal times encouraging conversation and consideration of others.
· Observe and record children’s behavior and interests. Use these observation records as a basis for planning activities.
· Work with your team to plan regular outdoor activities and field trips appropriate to the age of the children and the learning objectives of the curriculum.
Establishes and maintains good communication with parents
· Treats all parents with respect for their problems and their point of view
Conduct oneself at all times in a professional & ethical manner.
We are ONLY accepting a cover letter, resume, and salary history sent as an attachment (Word OR PDF) by email. Please include Lead Teacher in the subject line or cover letter.
Job ID: 338200907